Where the heck have I been? Two months since my last post and life has taken some amazing turns. As if the Universe directed fortune directly at me, all great things have happened, furthering my belief that the energy you put out into the Universe will be returned. (Positive vibes, people!) So here is what you've missed, friends:
1. I'm engaged...ok, not like you think. I'm engaged to be a partner in a new professional endeavor. And the "marriage" will officially take place on June 1st and Fraser Cerra, LLC, Attorneys at Law will be opening the doors of its office on July 3rd. I am partnering with one of my most brilliant colleagues, Janine, to offer legal representation to the permanently injured and those facing serious criminal charges in our community.
2. My dream trial lawyer consulting firm, Full Court, is also open for business! Here I've teamed up with another amazingly talented lady boss, Kathleen, and we have Full Court Trial Strategies and Full Court Marketing Consulting. I'm the Trial Strategies guy! I will continue to travel all over the country to meet with personal injury attorneys to help them develop trial strategies to maximize recoveries for their permanently injured clients. Also, I'll be speaking at events for the professional organizations to which I belong, and I will be launching a digital video training series on our website. Similarly, Kathy will continue to offer consulting and training for law offices on cost-effective content media marketing strategies, and she will also be developing a video training series.
3. I'm doing a show!! Finally!! Since my dream of playing Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde: The Musical" has been put on hold (indefinitely), I took matters into my own hands by partnering with the Mohawk House and another talented lady, Rozanne. We will be producing an original Prohibition-era murder mystery dinner theater musical! I wrote the script and with the help of an amazing cast and the Mohawk House, the curtain goes up in October. Even better, we are supporting one of my favorite organizations with this production, the 200 Club, a group that provides financial support for the families of fallen police officers and first responders.
4. Benjamin and I are doing great. He's still my favorite human next to my daughter. And although we talk about towels more than any dating couple probably should, we aren't picking out any from Bed Bath and Beyond quite yet. Nevertheless, I am having a wonderful time getting to know him. The Universe definitely heard and responded to my pleas when it sent this guy my way. (*sigh)
5. The Salt Shaker Trail Running Club season has started. I'm not ready, but I'm trying. Mostly, I'm trying not to die or injure myself before my June 3rd dance recital. But Tuesday night runs just give me another opportunity to see my Benjamin and a lot of other really cool people before I have to run off to dance class. My first planned 5K race isn't until mid-June so I do have some time to get my act together in the next few weeks.
6. My daughter kicked butt at her dance competition! I was most proud of how serious she took her rehearsals leading up to the competition and of the fact that she did everything I asked her to do. Adorable and coachable? Whose kid is this?
So, it's been an eventful and exciting few months for me. I finally feel like I am on the right path with the right people doing the right things. I spoke at a lawyer conference out in Las Vegas in early April and met some amazing trial attorneys who have been so kind, generous and supportive of me once they heard of my plans for Fraser Cerra and everything else I'm attempting. Surrounding myself with positive people and energy has certainly paid off.
This is only one of the reasons I absolutely adore my Benjamin, by the way - for the last 9+ months, he has been one of the most encouraging and supportive people to ever come into my life. I tell him that for every 5 bad or ill-conceived ideas I have, there's always one really good one, so if he just lets me vet the bad ones, he can help me find the good one. He's such a good sounding board and he is tolerant of both my baby goat obsession and my morning chattiness, which is a very good thing. He also cooks chicken perfectly on the grill. Definitely a keeper.
Let's hope the next two months are equally as wonderful as the last two! I've missed sharing with you - and I'll be back soon enough with more updates.